Sunday, April 9, 2017

"Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, March 2017

Shroud of Turin News - March 2017
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: February 2017, part #1] [Next: April 2017, part #1]

This is the "Editorial and Contents," part #1 of the March 2017 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. Following this editorial, I will add excerpts from Shroud-related March 2017 news articles in separate posts, linked back to this post, with the articles' words in bold to distinguish them from mine. Click on a link below to go to that article. Articles not yet linked are planned to be commented on in this issue.

Contents:
Editorial


Editorial

Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word-processing of the 118 issues of Rex Morgan's Shroud News, provided by Ian Wilson, and emailing them to Barrie Schwortz, for him to convert to PDFs and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in March up to issue #72, August 1992 [Right (enlarge)]. Issues in that archive are up to #66, August 1991.

Posts: In March I blogged 6 new posts (latest uppermost): "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Ninth century" - 25th; "No decomposition #21: The man on the Shroud: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!" - 14th; "Another form of fraud - computer hacking: Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #5" - 10th; "Odds `one in a thousand trillion' against the radiocarbon dating!: Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #4" - 9th; "My first use of the term `hacker': Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #3" - 7th; ""Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, February 2017." - 6th

Updates updates to my posts in the background in March included: adding to my "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Seventh century":

"614. The Sudarium of Oviedo, the `face cloth' or "napkin" in John 20:7, leaves Jerusalem in its chest (the present day Arca Santa) ahead of an impending invasion by the Persian king Khosrow II (r. 590-628)."

Comments: In March I received an anonymous comment under my "Another form of fraud - computer hacking ..." post:

"If the computers were hacked then the scientists who did the testing must have discovered this soon afterwards. How do you explain than none of them ever talked about this? I am also not aware of any of the three laboratories requesting to test the unused sample."
See my reply below it, which is too long to post here.

My radiocarbon dating hacker theory: As can be seen above, in March I blogged 3 posts in my new series, "Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory": "My first use of the term `hacker'... #3"; "Odds `one in a thousand trillion' against the radiocarbon dating! ... #4" and "Another form of fraud - computer hacking ... #5".

Pageviews: At midnight on 31 March, Google Analytics [below enlarge] gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 718,747. This compares with 515,212 (up 203,535 or 39%) in my March 2016 Editorial. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month (latest uppermost) as: "Superficial #18: The man on the Shroud ... ," Nov 11, 2016 - 153; "`Editorial and Contents,' Shroud of ..., February 2017," Mar 6, 2017 - 144; "Fraud a real possibility: Steps in the ...," Feb 21, 2017 - 127; "Did you ask radiocarbon dating experts ...," Nov 3, 2016 - 123; and "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Ninth century," Mar 25, 2017 - 111.

Again it is encouraging to me to see my posts about my hacker theory being among the most read, month after month!


Notes:
1. This post is copyright. I grant permission to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its title, its date, and a hyperlink back to this my post it came from. [return]

Posted 3 April 2017. Updated 7 November 2023.

No comments: